As Seen by More Than 500

It is a Good Son-Day Indeed

The Jacksons' Minute
 
As Seen by More Than 500
I am getting into my time traveling machine.  Here are my travel coordinates:
  • Year - a summer Sunday in 1972
  • Location - 916 - 31st Ave N, Minneapolis (inside Rehoboth Church of Jesus Christ) 
  • Weather - 92 degrees and no A/C and no fans other than hand fans or the printed program.
Setting: I am sitting in one of the middle pews behind my mother talking to my brother about how hot it is.  My grumbling prompts my mother to turn around and take a missed swing at me. She then gives us a  stern shush and a wait till I get you home stare.  We all know what that means.  Wisdom necessitated that we fully comply or we prematurely meet our maker.

In those days, the typical liturgy was Sunday School from 10 - 11 AM and Sunday service from 11:30 until late Tuesday.  The testimony service alone took an hour.  

During this portion of the service.  Sister Robinson typically would stand up and start her testimony with "Giving honor to the pastor, all the elders, all the church mothers, and prominent saints in the church.  Next, she would essentially give the same testimony of how she was going through, it appeared all hope was gone, and the man was about to evict, take away, or turn off something. She always would insert this phrase, "but the enemy is a lie".  She ended her testimony with the same phrase "I believe Jesus will do it for me. Please pray for me and my family and as I pray for yours.

Sister Robinson was never depressed because she would begin to sing a spirited "Victory, Victory Shall Be Mine".  The band would join in with her and she would accompany them with her drum top tambourine playing it in a double clutch beat (somebody out there knows what I am talking about).  Shoutin' time!

It's amazing how memories like this don't haunt me because I spent many hours in Rehoboth on Sundays --- two services typically.  

Quite the contrary, you can glean some truth in interesting times.  She was on point about the enemy.  His sole propose . . .
...1 Peter 5:8
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
...John 10:10
The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
...Matthew 7:15
“Beware of the enemy who comes disguised as a harmless sheep but is really vicious wolf
...John 8:44
The enemy was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

You may be asking if I am trying to instill fear with these scriptures.  The answer is no, just the opposite. I just want you to be aware (Stay Alert!) of the enemy's purpose.  More importantly for a believer, know your victory in Christ.  Believe the whole Word. You believe God exists.  You believe the Word is the Truth; thus the enemy exists.

Know your Word of Truth, hold the faith, keep diligent in your praise and prayer.  Some people with good intent can get caught up in a lie.

1 Corinthians 15:1-7
Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. 2 It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place.
 
3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4 He was buried, and He was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. 5 He was seen by Peter and then by the Twelve. 6 After that, He was seen by more than 500 of His followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died. 7 Then He was seen by James and later by all the apostles.  

The testimony of the 500 has the inspired DNA of perpetuity (i.e., the quality of living forever) and here we are today.

I am not knocking Jews.  For over 2,000 years, they have been waiting for the Messiah (i.e., The Savior) to appear on Earth the first time.  

If allowed, lies can have their own lives and mutate into the appearance of the truth.  The lively appearance of something is still a lie.

A lie can be defeated when you see and even when you don't see it through faith.
Say, "Victory, Victory is Mine" . . .

...Romans 8:38-
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

...Ephesians 6:10-11
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 

...James 4:7-8
7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. 

...Colossians 2:13-15
God made you alive with Christ, for He forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, He disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by His victory over them on the cross.

Hah! Someone give the tambourine back to Sister Robinson; it's shoutin' time!


Song of the Week  Hallelujah! Sing a New Song to GOD. Sing HIS praise in the assembly of godly people. Psalm 149:1.

"He's Got Me", April 19, 2024, Pastor Mike Jr. (feat. Big Boi)

Wonderful lyrics for Holy Hip Hop song. Please follow the bouncing ball.

Lyrics
He's so good, Yeah
He's so good, Yeah
He's so good, Yeah
He's so good, Yeah
 
Snap you fingers and dance
I know in the end you win, uh
Hey, hey, hey
Let me tell you how my God came through
And if He did it for me, He'll do it for you
Hold on
You're on the verge of a break through, please let me know
Whoo

I promise in the end, you win and you gon' telly' friends
He's so good
If you sick, I know a healer,
Me too

Bill past due and He came through
Me too

Didn't deserve it, but he love me
Me too

This ain't no cap, I know that
Me too

Un, You're on the verge of a break through, please let me know
Whoo

I promise in the end, you win and you gon' tell yo ' friends
He's so good

He's so good, Yeah
He so
He's so good, Yeah
So, so
I promise in the end, you win and you gon' tell yo' friends
He's so good

Oh, oh, yeah
8:28
Says, He'll make a way out of
Out of no way, it will
Work for your good
I know you get weak, but be strong

Help is on the way, just hold on
I'm a praise Him in advance
Believe
I know I'm in His hands
You got me

Our Father, who art in heaven
That's how I address Him
Get down on my knees and I count my blessings
Because I'm blessed
I used to be stressed
Until I gave it all to Him and the cleaned up the mess
Yes, Lord have mercy cause they know not what they do
And keep my Bible for survival and a little bit of assurance
Just like Blackjack, gotta ask them what the book say
The mantis from Atlantis, as we pray, You got me

A swarm of locusts couldn't keep me from y focus
Got my eyes on Him and so He put the enemy on notice
No eviction, just conviction
My soul belongs to the Most High
Yeshua on a mission
You got me

Yeah snap your fingers and dance
I know in the end, you win, uh
Hey,hey, hey
Let me tell you how my God came through
And if He did it for me, He'll do it for you
Hold on
You're on the verge of a break through, please let me know
Whoo
I promise in the end, you win and you gon' tell yo' friends
He's so good
He's so good
If you sick, I know a healer,
Me too

Bill past due and He came through
Me too

Didn't deserve it, but he love me
Me too

This ain't no cap, I know that
Me too

Un, You're on the verge of a break through, please let me know
Whoo

If it break you, it's gon' make you stay strong
Whoo
I promise in the end, you win and you gon' tell yo' friends
He's so good
He's so 
He's so good
So, so 
I promise in the end, you win and you gon' tell yo' friends
He's so good
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweeter Than the Honey in the Honeycomb

Beginning Bonds

POST #100 - DIVE IN!!!