What's It All About?

It is a Good Son-Day Indeed

MoonHead





What's It All About?
One of my "StrengthsFinders" strengths is kind of nerdy. It is "Learner", a person who has a great desire to learn and wants to continuously improve. Many of my "follows" on IG are DIYs or "learn how to do better" sites.  I must follow at least 20 sites on IPhone photography and videography alone.

Even though I am not a hoof or feather carnivore, I love the art of smoking food even though I will not eat the meat I smoke (save seafood)).  I am dependent on my critics, BJ and Jo for critique of my work.  I have watched a million episodes of BBQ shows like BBQ Pitmasters, BBQ USA, BBQ Brawl, World of Flavor with Big Moe Cason to name a few.

I love their success in the art.  What can I glean from them that will bring my smoking skillset from not palatable to open your own restaurant?

Honestly, my first iterations of smoking food were awful.  Everything tasted either too smoky or like ham.  I was persistent.  Keep trying, wisely, use chuck steak rather than sirloin.  If you can make chuck steak taste good then you can move on to finer cuts of beef.  Over time, you will learn from others and you tinker around to find what works for your critics.

There is some satisfaction in discovering something.  The latest pop culture phrase used now is "I was this old when I learned . . .".  This term is often used when you have a long association with something.  For instance, the opener tab at the top of a pop/soda can has two purposes, to open the can and the loop is a straw holder.  Huh, who knew?

For three years, Christ preached lights out and performed life changing and life giving miracles.  He gave His disciples promises and insights into the Kingdom of Heaven. They were astonished and believed at the moment, but it was like a Kodak snapshot, the belief was only for that moment.

When Christ appeared to two disciples after resurrection, the disciples did not understand what had happened with the events surrounding the resurrection even though Christ or the scriptures had clearly told them what was going to happen.

Luke 24:13-32  (long passage alert; be patient; absorb the story)
13 That same day two of Jesus’ followers were walking to the village of Emmaus, seven miles[a] from Jerusalem. 14 As they walked along they were talking about everything that had happened. 15 As they talked and discussed these things, Jesus himself suddenly came and began walking with them. 16 But God kept them from recognizing him.

17 He asked them, “What are you discussing so intently as you walk along?”

They stopped short, sadness written across their faces. 18 Then one of them, Cleopas, replied, “You must be the only person in Jerusalem who hasn’t heard about all the things that have happened there the last few days.”

19 “What things?” Jesus asked.

“The things that happened to Jesus, the man from Nazareth,” they said. “He was a prophet who did powerful miracles, and he was a mighty teacher in the eyes of God and all the people. 20 But our leading priests and other religious leaders handed him over to be condemned to death, and they crucified him. 21 We had hoped he was the Messiah who had come to rescue Israel. This all happened three days ago.

22 “Then some women from our group of his followers were at his tomb early this morning, and they came back with an amazing report. 23 They said his body was missing, and they had seen angels who told them Jesus is alive! 24 Some of our men ran out to see, and sure enough, his body was gone, just as the women had said.”

25 Then Jesus said to them, “You foolish people! You find it so hard to believe all that the prophets wrote in the Scriptures. 26 Wasn’t it clearly predicted that the Messiah would have to suffer all these things before entering his glory?” 27 Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

28 By this time they were nearing Emmaus and the end of their journey. Jesus acted as if he were going on, 29 but they begged him, “Stay the night with us, since it is getting late.” So he went home with them. 30 As they sat down to eat,[b] he took the bread and blessed it. Then he broke it and gave it to them. 31 Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And at that moment he disappeared!

32 They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?”

The point of the message is Christ speaks to us presently through our prayers, praise, meditations, miracles, pastors, authors, . . . etc, and we sometimes do not fully appreciate everything He is telling us.  Now, He is not going to let us hang out there like a lonely grape on a vine turning into a raisin.  He is going to give us a chance for an epiphany - that is the . . . (1) an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking. (2) an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure.

You will learn. Christ has a lot to tell you.  In His own time.  Be patient. Be teachable. Believe His Word. Sieze It.

Song of the Week  Hallelujah! Sing a New Song to GOD. Sing HIS praise in the assembly of godly people. Psalm 149:1.

"You Are the Lifter", Ricky Dillard, featuring Tamela Mann, 2021.
Jo picked this week's selection.  Jo said you guys need a dose of real churchin' with a 20 plus voice choir.

Lyrics
… I will lookTo the lifter of my headFor there's noOther help I knowMy strength comes from YouJesus, see me throughFor you're the lifterOf my Head
… For there (For there's no)No other help I know, oh, God (Other help I know)My strength (My strength), it comes from You, oh, God (Comes from you)I'm dependent on you (JesusSee me through)I know that you're able to see me through(For you're the lifter) You are the lifter(Of) Of (My) My (Head) Head
… Oh, when I'm down(You'll cheer me) You'll cheer me(When I'm weak) You come along and you'll strengthen me(You'll strengthen me)When I am (When I'm broke)You'll fix me, oh, God (You'll fix me)I have a blessingI'm sure that (I'm assured you'll never leaveMe) That you're never gonna ever, ever gonna leave me, oh(You're the lifter) You're the lifter(Of) Of (My) My (Head) Head
… When I'm (When I'm down)When I'm down, you'll come and cheer me (You'll cheer me)And when I'm sick, you're coming by (When I'm weak)You'll come and you'll strengthen me up, and you will lift me up(You'll strengthen me)When I'm broke (When I'm broke)Yes, Lord, you'll fix me (You'll fix me)You'll put me back together again (I'm assured)I'm assured you'll never (You'll never leave me)You are (You're the lifter), oh, I put my life in Him(Of) Of (My) My (Head) Head
… You'll cheer me (You'll cheer me)And when I'm sick and I'm down (When I'm weak)When I'm feeling weak, you'll give me strength (You'll strengthen me)Come on, child (When I'm broke)You'll fix me (You'll fix me)You'll put me back together again (I'm assured)I'm assured you'll never (You'll never leave me)For You are (You're the lifter), I will lift up and give all for Him'Cause what's coming's my health (You're the lifter)My health comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth, oh(You're the lifter)He is the lifter of (Of) my (My) head (Head), head, head, God(You're the lifter) Jesus, I'll walk through the valley of the shadow of death(You're the lifter) I won't fear no evil because You are with me(You're the lifter)You are the lifter of (Of) my (My) head (Head)You (You're the lifter)When the problems came in, you lift me up (You're the lifter)You lifted me high above my problems, you lifted me high above my pain(You're the lifter) You are the lifter(Of) Of (My) my (Head)
… From now on, Lord(You're the lifter) Hold a shield for me(You're the lifter) You're the glory and the lifter of my(Lifter of) Head (My head)(You're the lifter) He walks with me(You're the lifter) And I'm so glad that He talks with me(You're the lifter) And He keeps on tellin' me I ain't alone(Lifter of) He's the lifter of my head (My head)(You're the lifter) I don't have to worry I don't have the strength(You're the lifter) 'Cause He's never failed me yet(You're the lifter) You are the lifter, oh, God(Lifter of) Lifter of (My head)(You're the lifter) I'll forever praise you(You're the lifter) For you've lifted me, you've lifted me(You're the lifter) And I'm so glad about it, you are the lifter(Lifter of) Head (My head)(You're the lifter) When sickness struck my body(You're the lifter) And they said I'll never get wellYou came and you healed me(You're the lifter) I know you're the leader(Lifter of) Of my (My head)Come on now, come on and lift your hands if you love your lifterCan you lift your hands and give God praise?Come on, He's the lifter, He is the lifterHe is the lifter
… April HallApril HallYou know something, I sure would love to hear TamelaYou're the lifter, just stay right there (Yes, He is, oh, yes, He is)(Yes, He is, yes, He is, yes, He is)(Yeah, yes, Lord)I'ma give you all signals, just watch meYou're the lifter, you're the (Lifter)Just stay right there (You're the lifter)I know you've just came through some stuff(You're the lifter) And you look really good right nowYou don't look like what you've been through, would you sing to us(You're the lifter) Of how He brought you out of that placeFor you to be lookin' like that?
… Woo(You're the lifter) Jesus, you lifted my headOh, oh (You're the lifter)You've covered me, Jesus, you've kept me long(You're the lifter) When I thought I was at the end of my rope, LordYou lifted me, Jesus(You're the lifter) You're burning me with your heavenly showerYou're my everything, JesusWhen I couldn't call on nobody, I can call on You, Jesus(You're the lifter) You(Of my head) You, you're the lifter of my head, oh(When I'm down) Lord, you cheer me (You'll cheer me)And you kept me, Lord, Jesus (When I'm weak)Nobody like you (You'll strengthen me), nobody like you, Jesus(When I'm broke)You'll heal me (You'll fix me), you deliver me, Jesus(I'm assured) Whatever I need (You'll never leave me)Whatever I need, you're always there(You're the lifter) You are my strength(You're the lifter) You are my peace(You're the lifter) You're the lifterOf my (Of my), my head, (Head) yeah(You're the lifter) You, Jesus, Jesus(You're the lifter) Jesus, Jesus, Jesus(You're the lifter) Hallelujah, you're the lifter(Of) My (My head), my headHallelujah, JesusWhen the money gone, you are, JesusYou're my everything, you're my everything, JesusI can call on you, I'm dependent on youI'm dependent on you, Jesus




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweeter Than the Honey in the Honeycomb

Beginning Bonds

POST #100 - DIVE IN!!!