Blessed are The Chesed

Son-Day on a Hot Summer Night

Mde Sota - Dakotan for Waters that Reflect the Clouds



Blessed Are The Chesed
Chesed is the Hebrew word for lovingkindness.  It is further defined as "kindness or faithful, steadfast love between people".It is the character of the Lord, and God's heart toward those who are His own. It's a character He models for us.

Chesed (lovingkindness ) in the Bible
Psalm 26:3
For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth.

Why am I emphasizing kindness?  The thought may be that kindness is just acknowledging another person, being a gentleman, or being low level nice.  Actually, kindness has a deeper level of expectation for a believer.  This really plays out in the New Testament where the Greek word, Chrestos, is used.  The meaning  of this word is "useful or serviceable goodness"

Chrestos (kindness) in the Bible:
Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.

The last scripture gets to the point of the title, "Blessed Are The Chesed".  Even if man does not acknowledge your goodness in action; God sees it and rewards it.  His rewards come in a way that benefits us where it is needed.

For 24 years, I have been doing volunteer work for kids in my community and it is not for proselytism (converting people to religious beliefs) purposes.  It is really because parents have turned what used to be fun into a process to get kids a scholarship, championship, or live vicariously through them.  I continually have to remind parents, "this is not the NFL -  the No Fun League".  Kids need and want good old fashion love.  Only 2% of high school athletes get any kind of scholarship and less than a half of a percent make to the pro level in any sport.  Three kids I have coached have made it to the pro level.

I will be honest, volunteer work is thankless.  At the end of each year, I say "I am done".  I love working with the kids, but boy, those parents and their expectations.  
But the kids respond to instruction and care they get from the coaches.  You give them mixed love, "tough" and "understanding" love and they will perform and grow both physically and mentally throughout the season.  Many of the players do not have fathers and need a good father figure.  This is what we do.  Wins are always welcomed, but as coaches, we do more celebrating when a child has shown excellence on the field and, more importantly, off of it.

Volunteering extracts a pound of flesh from you.  This is what kindness does.  You give something, time, energy, and resources and God's got your front, back, side. . . your Peripheral. 

 Song of the Week  Hallelujah! Sing a New Song to GOD. Sing HIS praise in the assembly of godly people. Psalm 149:1.

"More Than Emough", 2024, Mercy Chinwo.




Here is another Nigerian song with a slight Afrobeat. I love Nigerian songs.  So much simplicity and heart.  It allows your worship to flow.

Jesus Christ the son of God
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh
Jesus Christ the son of God
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh

I delight myself in You
Jesus my melody
You are more than enough oh
You've given me reason to smile and shout
For joy (Ai)
Jesus my melody
You are more than enough oh
You've given me reason to smile and shout

Ayoh ayoh, ayoh ayoh
You are more than enough oh
You are more than enough for me oh
Ayoh ayoh, ayoh ayoh
You are more than enough
You are more than enough for me oh

Jesus Christ the son of God
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh
Jesus Christ the son of God
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh

Every details of my life
Won't be complete without You
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh
Every details of my life
Won't be complete without You
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh
That's why I scream ayoh ayoh

Ayoh ayoh, ayoh ayoh
You are more than enough oh
You are more than enough for me oh
Ayoh ayoh, ayoh ayoh
You are more than enough
You are more than enough for me oh

Jesus Christ the son of God
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh
Jesus Christ the son of God
You are more than enough
More than enough for me oh

Ayoh ayoh, ayoh ayoh
You are more than enough oh
You are more than enough for me oh
Ayoh ayoh, ayoh ayoh
You are more than enough
You are more than enough for me oh




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweeter Than the Honey in the Honeycomb

Here is Your Mother

Only The Powerful