An Innate Trait

This SON-Day was meant for. . . YOU!!!

The Real Patrick Star
Sea Life Aquarium at the Mall of America


An Innate Trait 

A question for mental health practitioners (i.e., psychiatrists and psychologists) and humanities experts (i.e., philosophers, historians, anthropologists, and religious teachers), is doing good an innate trait (i.e., traits that are automatic without prior learning or thought) for mankind?

According to the experts noted in the above paragraph the consensus is generally no. Furthermore they say, when you're born, you have a raw personality — it known as temperament (a person's nature). They suggest that our behaviors inclinations develop over time through learning experiences and conscious thought.

Your temperament, your nature, consists of innate features like energy levels, mood, demeanor, and emotional responsiveness, can then drive the learning experiences that form your personality throughout life.   

We all know people who are bad seeds.  They engage in negative behaviors due to learned habits or traumatic experiences. The only good they do is for themselves.  They actually bask in bad behavior.  They are repulsive. Ah, but hope is always available.

Back to being good.  This is a divinely desired behavior.  It is an Innate trait of the Holy Spirit (i.e., His fruit --- qualities).  He resides in you. He will manifest this fruit through you. Know this, the Fruit of the Spirit is meant to be shared with someone.  It is all about service to somebody.

A refresher for you, the Fruit of the Spirit includes: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  I reiterate, the "Fruit of the Spirit" are qualities that must be produced in the your lives through the influence of the Holy Spirit. 

Regarding the fruit, goodness, it's an internal quality that we develop through our relationship with God. It encompasses moral excellence, honesty, and righteousness. 

Kindness, on the other hand, is the outward manifestation of goodness. It's the practical ways in which we love each other in daily interactions. More on kindness next week.

The Bible says this about good/goodness . . .

Micah 6:8
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Isaiah 1:17 
Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. 

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Psalm 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Song of the Week  Hallelujah! Sing a New Song to GOD. Sing HIS praise in the assembly of godly people. Psalm 149:1.

"Meant for Me", 2024, Stanley Brown, featuring Eric Bollinger.

Pure Gospel Funk; with a bass drive that will have you cuttin' up!  Put this on your good sound system and boost the bass!


Lyrics
[Chorus]
If that blessing wasn't sent to me
Lock the door and throw away the key
I only want what's meant for me
I know that's God's protection on me

[Verse 1]
I'm alright, celebrating my neighbor
Working on God's time
Thanking Him for favor
Did everything my way in the past
Nothing seemed to last
I was going nowhere fast (Yeah)

[Pre-Chorus]
I chose to be still
'Cause I don't mind waiting
If it ain't in His will

[Chorus]
If that blessing wasn't sent to me
Lock the door and throw away the key
I only want what's meant for me
I know that's God's protection on me

[Verse 2]
Throw temptation at me
I'ma be just fine
Devil been waitin' on me
Tryna take my peacе of mind (Yeah)
I'm on a mission
I made a decision to stay on thе right path
A special assignment
It ain't no turning back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweeter Than the Honey in the Honeycomb

Here is Your Mother

Only The Powerful