Composed!

More than anything else. . . It's a Son-day!

Marveling the Little Show in St. Paul


Composed!

In a recent meeting, I was listening to an employee from another area explain new processes to improve their services. . . ad nauseam.  The day before this meeting I had asked the employee to give me a specific number of how many employees would be needed for the new process and to provide that information at this meeting.  

After the soliloquy, I requested the information from the employee. suffice it to say, this person went on another ramble.  I could feel myself seething inside and wanting to say some kind of snide remark. Here is the history with this person.  She always burdens down a meeting then goes on one of her tangents. 

There have been times I've had to strategically interrupt her to allow others to speak.  Concise is not in her vocabulary or skillset. I was at my wits end.  When she did not answer my question the first time, I posed the question differently.  It is a tactic I have used in the past with some success.  

Nope.  It did not work.  My teapot was whistling.  I did not say anything, but my boss must have picked up my vibe.  She stopped the person from carrying on.  Later, I spoke with my boss and said "She . . ." and before I could finish, my boss, with a smile, finished my sentence, "Didn't answer your question.  Perhaps one day there will be an opportunity to mentor her".  We both chuckled and moved on.

Sarcasm could have gotten the better part of me.  Swirling deep inside of me were some luscious zingers.  But even deeper inside me was my spirit recalling 

Galatians 5:24-26 
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

And this . . .  
 
Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 

My smoldering impatience would have ruined work relationships, hurt someone, and negatively impacted me professionally and personally.  Just what the enemy wants (to kill, steal, and destroy, John 10:10).

Self-control is all about giving the keys to your will to the Holy Spirit. Yep, suppress that flesh and align yourself with God. Then watch the good things come just by being obedient, patient, and quiet.  He sees the broader perspective of what you are experiencing.

Lamentations 3:25-29
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.
27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke
    while he is young.
28 Let him sit alone in silence,
    for the Lord has laid it on him. 

Self-control defined. 


Song of the Week  Hallelujah! Sing a New Song to GOD. Sing HIS praise in the assembly of godly people. Psalm 149:1.

"Amen",  2024, Madison Ryann Ward

You need a pick up.  This peppy song will lift your spirits with its fun drum section.



Lyrics

Our Father

Who art in heaven

Hallowed be thy name

Thy kingdom come

In this place

Thy will be done

On earth as it is in heaven

Won't you please come?

Please come

Won't you please come?

Ahh

Ayy, yeah


And we say

Amen, amen, amen, amen

Amen, amen, amen, amen

Yeah

Amen, amen, amen, amen

Amen, amen, amen, amen

Mmm

Give us this day our daily bread

And forgive us of all our trespasses

As we forgive those who

Trespass against us, against us

Lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from evil

For thine is the kingdom

The power

The glory

Forever and ever

And we say

Amen, amen, amen, amen (Amen!)

Amen, amen, amen, amen (Amen)

Yeah

Amen, amen, amen, amen (Amen!)

Amen, amen, amen, amen (In Jesus' name, amen)

Ahh, Ahhh, Amen, Amen

Amen!

Amen!

amen, amen, amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweeter Than the Honey in the Honeycomb

Here is Your Mother

Only The Powerful