Unequivocal

A Son-Day to Rejoice and Be Glad in It
Honor and Other Things



Unequivocal

Four years ago, I was appointed to my position by six elected politicians.  During this time, I have litterally had a front sight line to how politics work.  I have seen clear black and white become gray as different interests come into play.  You try to do the right thing, but the will of constituents become a heavy on what should be done.  The masses are not always right.  The masses can easily be swayed by the machinations of one person who is selfishly persuasive.  Often, the masses are oblivious to the fact they are mere pawns in the persuader's hands.

A good persuader can even get the masses to ignore the truth and embrace blatant lies because it suits their beliefs.  The truth gets twisted or it's locked away.

Embedded in each of us is a heart/soul (our intellect, will, mind, emotions).  We also have a spirit (God's breath of life in us).  Here's one minute of theology (the study of God) principles.

The components of Man (the trichotomy -  Body, heart/soul, and Spirit)
1 Thessalonians 5:23 -24
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The heart/soul of man
Matthew 9:4
And Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, Why are you thinking evil things in your hearts?

Psalm 44:21
would not God have discovered it, since HE knows the secrets of the heart?

The spirit of man
Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Job 32:8 
But it is the spirit in man, the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand.

I will harken back to  Hebrews 4:12 above.  I provide scriptures to let our Creator speak to you Himself.
God speaks only the truth.  He is unequivocal, He is the truth (literally) ----- no politics, no ambiguity, no gray.  

Our spirit man is willing to accept but our hearts (the way we think and the needs of the body) can get in the way.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Matthew 26:41
41 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

In our daily lives, our once crystaline waters and becoming murkier by the minute.  The gradations of gray are making it harder to perceive what is right. My encouragement today is simple.  Let the Holy Spirity guide you.  Pray and the Word of God will guide you through what is wrong and right.  Let the Word of God be the lamp that guides your feet to meeting His will. Yes, Yvette, go ahead sing the song.  I queued for you.

The Spirit of Truth
John 14:15-17
15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.  

Song of the Week  Hallelujah! Sing a New Song to GOD. Sing HIS praise in the assembly of godly people. Psalm 149:1.

Here are some of my favorite throwbacks.  Bear with me.  I will provide fresh cuts next week.  One song is for my sister and the other is apropos for today's message.  The links will take you to the songs.  Please take moment to revel in the lyrics, which brought the songs to revelance today.  The lyrics are posted below.


"Thy Word" 1982, Amy Grant
"The Comforter", 1977, Edwin Hawkins

Thy Word Lyrics
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path

When I feel afraid, think I've lost my way
Still You're there right beside me
Nothing will I fear as long as you are near
Please be near me to the end

[Chorus]

I will not forget your love for me
And yet my heart forever is wandering
Jesus be my guide, hold me to Your side
And I will love You to the end

[Chorus]

Nothing will I fear as long as you are near
Please be near me to the end

[Chorus]

And a light unto my path
You're the light unto my path


The Comforter lyrics

The Comforter will come
The Comforter will come
Jesus, said The Comforter will come
He promised that the Comforter will come
When He comes
He will guide you into all Truth

The Comforter will come
The Comforter will come
Jesus, said The Comforter will come
He promised that the Comforter will come
When He comes
He will guide you into all Truth

Peace I give you
Joy I leave with you
Don't be afraid
Don't be dismayed
If I don't go
He will not come, come to comfort you

If you love me
Keep my commandments
I'll pray to the Father
And He will send you another comforter
And He will abide in you forever. . . Forever

The Comforter will come
The Comforter will come
Jesus, said The Comforter will come
He promised that the Comforter will come
When He comes
He will guide you into all Truth

If you love me
Keep my commandments
I'll pray to the Father
And He will send you another comforter
And He will abide in you forever. . . Forever

The Comforter has come
The Comforter has come
Jesus, said The Comforter will come
He promised that the Comforter will come
Since He's comes
He will guide you into all Truth

Yea, The Comforter has come
The Comforter has come
Jesus, said The Comforter will come
He promised that the Comforter will come
Since He's comes
He will guide you into all Truth


The Comforter has come (repeat multiple times)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweeter Than the Honey in the Honeycomb

Here is Your Mother

Only The Powerful